Policies & Procedures
Alaska Legends Kenai River Lodge Policies, Procedures, and Rules
Payments & Deposit Policy
- We will confirm a reservation with a minimum deposit of 25%.
- Within 6 months of the reservation we need to have collected 50%.
- Within 3 months of the reservation we need to have collected 75%.
- Within 1 month of the reservation we need to have collected 100%.
- Fees are charged with a differential between for-profit and nonprofit users. Alaska Legends Kenai River Lodge reserves the right to waive fees at their discretion, with approval by management.
- We offer a 100% refund if your event is canceled prior to 1 year of your check-in date.
- We offer a 75% refund if your event is canceled prior to 9 months of your check-in date.
- We offer a 50% refund if your event is canceled prior to 6 months of your check-in date.
- We offer a 25% refund if your event is canceled prior to 3 months of your check-in date.
Check-in & Check-out
- Check-in Time: 3:00PM
- Check-out Time: 11:00AM
- Upon check-in you will be greeted by our on-site lodge manager, presented with the key and basic house rules. Rules are listed below and throughout the lodge.
- If you need to change the check-in or check-out times, please contact us ahead of time and we will inform you if it is possible or not. Changing of in/out times is not guaranteed, only based upon availability.
- All event only reservations (no overnight stay) will be allowed entry at 3pm and must be off property no later than 12am.
- Any guests who stay on property after check out time will be subject to a fee of $150 per every 15 minutes after the specified check-out time. This will be taken from the security deposit or charged to the credit card on file if the security deposit has been used.
- Sales & Marketing Manager: Brenna Rich – (907-223-8289) – ([email protected])
- On-Site Manager: Linda Larson (605-940-6509) – ([email protected])
- Team Executive: Caleb Harris – (907-565-9600) – ([email protected])
- Owner: Bret Burroughs (907-360-2584) – ([email protected])
- Each reservation must have a contact person who must be:
- Present during the stay or event, from beginning to end.
- We understand that travel can inhibit this policy, please contact our management team to assign a proxy if needed.
- Responsible for the behavior and demeanor of the guests
- The spokesperson for the group.
- Responsible for any damages and/or property loss incurred during the event.
- Present during the stay or event, from beginning to end.
-Proof of liability insurance may be required. We will inform you if this is a necessary addition to your stay.
-Alaska Legends Kenai River Lodge holds no responsibility in the event of injury, theft, or death.
-Alaska Legends Kenai River Lodge reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your ability to use the lodge, and to ask you to vacate the premises immediately.
- Overnight Stays
- The day before arrival we will collect a $1,500 security deposit and will refund this deposit within 48 hours of departure as long as all rules have been followed.
- Events (Weddings & Celebrations)
- The day before your event we will collect a $2,500 security deposit and will refund this deposit within 48 hours of the end of your event as long as all rules have been followed and all wedding package items have been properly put up if they were used.
- If damages exceed the security deposit, then the person(s) who has signed this contract will be held responsible for all extra charges.
- SMOKING of any kind is NOT permitted in the lodge, vaping included. When smoking outside, please put cigarette butts in the appropriate containers. This is our most serious rule, and if there is any evidence of smoking inside, we will keep the entire $1,500.00 security deposit.
- Please leave the lodge in the same condition you found it (furniture may be moved, but must be moved back prior to check-out). Upon check-out, our on-site manager will go through the lodge. We require all trash in the kitchen & common areas to be taken out and put in the dumpsters located in the parking lot at the end of your stay. Any excessive cleaning, moving of furniture, or trash removal will be taken out of the security deposit on a case by case basis.
- Please ensure that the dumpster is properly closed to keep bears and other potentially dangerous wildlife out!
- Please take your shoes off at the door and place them in the provided space.
- Illegal drugs are not allowed on the property. Marijuana in the State of Alaska is considered a legal substance, thus please use only in designated smoking areas.
- Please don’t leave any fires unsupervised and keep the fireplaces screened at all times. Due to our location, we do NOT allow wood fires in any of the outside fire pits, we supply propane fire pits. Please stay informed on any burn bans in the region. Candles and wax warmers are prohibited. No bird seed, paper lanterns, rice, confetti or glitter. No items may be taped, tacked, or nailed to the doors, widows, walls, or floors. Fog machines, pyrotechnics, displays or props involving water, and other special effect equipment with potential for fire or water damage are prohibited. If there is any candle, wax, wall damage, etc, there will be a deduction from the security deposit on a case by case basis.
- The music system may be used at your discretion, but please keep volume down and move speakers inside after 10:00pm as a courtesy to our neighbors across the river. After 11:00P.M. please remain as quiet as possible when outdoors (no more music outside) so as not to disturb the neighbors. Reasonable levels of activity are okay as long as the noise level is low enough that it isn’t heard by the neighbors.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to familiarize their guest(s) with the Lodge Rules. Parents are advised to instruct their children to follow the Lodge Rules. Children under the age of 10 may not be left unsupervised.
- Absolutely no pets. If pets are brought on the property without written consent from owners or management, there will be a deduction from the security deposit on a case by case basis to sanitize the facility to prevent allergy reactions for future guests.
- Wi-Fi is available, but guests may not use it for any illegal uploading, downloading, or any other illegal activities. The Wi-Fi password is on the router on the desk in the reading nook upstairs.
- Please be cautious and do not harass or approach wildlife. We often have moose and bear on the property, and when left in peace they will not cause any issues. Do not leave food or trash outside unless it is put into the bear proof dumpster. Keeping food anywhere outside (other than the bins) may attract bears.
- If you catch fish, please clean them outside on the dock on the cleaning table. It is very difficult to get the smell of fish slime out of things and if we find that fish have been cleaned elsewhere, this will result in a $500.00 deduction from the security deposit. Please toss any fish carcasses out as far as you can in the river’s deep water. Any fish in the dumpster or on the property will attract bears.
- Please stay on path walkways and avoid walking on natural vegetation.
- Children MUST wear life preservers when by the river, but it is also recommended for everyone. It is your responsibility to provide proper life preservers. Be aware of water hazards in boating and wading in the river. With the Kenai River, please know that activity around it exposes you to unpredictable river currents and potential hypothermia.
- Please ensure all room keys are back inside the doors upon check out. There will be a $25.00 deduction from the security deposit for every key that goes missing.
- Alcohol: Guests are allowed to bring in their own beverages (BYOB). Liability falls on the person(s) signing this contract and they will not hold Alaska Legends Kenai River Lodge responsible. If you choose to bring in your own liquor, please be responsible and use caution when outside near the river.
- All dishes in the lodge (bar area included) must be clean, dry, and put away before departure. Any leftover dishes having to be cleaned by onsite staff or dishes found missing will result in a deduction from security deposit on a case by case basis.
- Any items left behind will be mailed to you at cost of the hosting party. Any shipping and labor costs will be taken out of the security deposit.